By Greg Ford
The 2015 baseball season was another successful one for Sachse baseball. It was one in which the Mustangs made another trip to the postseason, albeit a short voyage.
It also was another campaign during which several Sachse players distinguished themselves on the field, earning All-District honors in the process.
Making the first team were pitcher Logan Worswick, outfielder Donovan Duvernay and designated hitter Alex Bush, while pitcher Blake Divalerio, catcher Chance Merritt and second baseman Corbin Hernandez made the second team.
District champ Rockwall had four individual award winners; Shayne Nance (Pitcher of the Year), Trey Ochoa (Offensive MVP), Will Frizzell (Newcomer of the Year) and Jeff Payne (Coach of the Year). Naaman Forest’s Cody Sturgeon was the 11-6A MVP, while Rowlett’s Josh Fowler was the top defensive player.
The remaining first-team choices were:
- Pitcher — Cameron Smith of Garland, Caleb Keifer and Will Norris of Rowlett and Garrett Hudson of Tyler Lee.
- Catcher — Nick Colacecchi of Rowlett.
- First base — Chandler Fidel of Naaman Forest.
- Second base — Bryan Wager of Garland.
- Third base — Colton Buckner of Garland.
- Shortstop — Parker Bramlett of Tyler Lee.
- Outfield — Luther Kirk of Garland and Parker Bates of Tyler Lee.
- Utility — Jim McCabe of Lakeview Centennial.
The rest of the second-team selections were:
- Pitcher — Charlie Hatcher of Rockwall, Henry Smith of Tyler Lee, Travis Angell of Rowlett and Seth O’Neill of Garland.
- Second base — Payton Nix of Rowlett.
- Third base — Pablo Hernandez of Naaman Forest.
- Shortstop — Logan Layer of Rowlett.
- Outfield — Olajiode Olurunbtimilehin of Garland, Jaylan Price of North Garland, Mike Williams of Rowlett and Jacob Romines of Tyler Lee.
- Designated hitter — Cody Hall of Naaman Forest.
- Utility — Tarran Ferguson of Naaman Forest.